I am now officially going to fail out of school. Facebook will be the end of me. On a positive note, however, I have caught up with some girlfriends that I have often wondered about.
If you have wandered to this blog from my facebook page, then welcome! I use this bloggy to write about what my family and I are doing. Mostly for my faraway parents and relatives to check on, but also just for my own amusement. If you read on for too long, you will, no doubt, realize two things about me. First, I use a lot of prepositions and commas. I love them. Second, I have a really typical suburban life. You will think I am boring, and you are mostly right. But I love this life I have, and the full house that is mine, and being creative and studying. Okay, I don't love that last one, but I do tolerate it, because it is a means to and end for me. Specifically, teaching. I am married to Doug {for 12 years} and we have four kids who are 10, 9, 7, and 2. For reasons that I cannot fully explain, we took a 5 year hiatus from having kids, and then along came Ethan. He is, without a doubt, unique. All boy. Erin is our oldest, she is almost 11 and really just a great kid. She plays softball and soccer. She's the third baseman, and is shaping up to be a great player. Long and lean. She's a lover of life. Owen is next, he is 9. He's the most kindhearted boy ever. He's his brother's keeper. He's becoming more of a risk taker, albeit a calculated risk taker. He's learning to play the drums, and promises not to tattoo or pierce anything for a while. Avery is next. She is 7. We cannot wait to see how she turns out. She is like a lobster. Hard outer shell, but soft on the inside. She is concerned with fairness, but mostly when she feels like she is getting the short end of the stick. She is fiercely loyal to those she loves, and not afraid to tell you how she feels. You never have to guess with her. Ethan is her male counterpart, he is 2. The man cub. He is strong willed, and full of fire. Determined to get his way. We are still working on pulling back on his reigns without crushing his spirit of independence. It's there for a reason.
We are awesome and crazy and predictable. We love our friends and our family and each other.
I am in school, to finish my teaching degree. My old and shriveled brain is still adjusting to this type of thinking, and some days I wonder if it is the right thing for me. Yet I remain. Other than that I am the mama to these kids, doing typical mama things.
Doug is a Firefighter/Medic for the city of Columbus. He works downtown and is great at his job. We are proud of him and the help that he provides to the people who need it. When he's not on duty, he hangs out at home with Ethan and I. Mostly wrestling or sword fighting with Ethan. He runs interference for me when I need to study.
So, that's it. You are all caught up.
How about you, what have you been doing???
2 comments:
I loved the descriptions of the kids. Even though I follow your blog, I feel like I know them a little better now.
hahahahaha, u r so screwed now that you are on facebook!
now you need twitter, to update both your blog and facebook at the same time, from your cell phone. very cool and saves time updating things in multiple places.
Post a Comment