6.24.2009

BETH...DO NOT LOOK AT THIS POST


someday I will learn how to put words above my pictures. In the meantime, here is the coffee table undergoing a second transformation. Beth got some red chalkboard paint for me awhile ago, and I decided to use it to make a game table. You know, tic tac toe, hangman, sticks...that kind of stuff. I have finished it but it needs to cure for 24 hours before I can show you a final product. I distressed to edges of the table, also. Just for fun.

Okay now Beth, don't look....click off. Now.









Is she gone? Okay.

I scored these two school desks from someone's garbage a few months ago, and have been saving them. I finally got them painted today. Aren't they so cute in red and blue??!!?? They cost me a total of $3 each, not including time to scrape off the dried Elmer's and wash them up. They are also totally finished with the tops on, but just in case Beth is still here then I don't want to spoil the whole thing and show them complete.
Isn't this the perfect gift for a boy who will head to Kindergarten in the fall? I plan on stocking it with some supplies for him and including a little wooden chair. So cute..







2 comments:

Kara said...

Hey Jen! What did you do to the tops of the desks???? We have three of those school desks and I have them just "plain" in the girls' rooms. I didn't realize the tops could come off. I had the idea of painting the tops in chalkboard paint, but like I said I didn't realize they came off.

Kurt and Kayla said...

When you are writing your post and have uploaded the pics, just cut and paste your text over the picture codes. Hope that helps :)