6.27.2009

Today's Project{s}

Thanks for your help with getting my words right where I want them! Look at me, editing in Html...am I smart or what?

Anyhow, this is what I did today. The garage sale was soooo slooow that I drug my sewing machine to the garage and set up shop. Some one asked me if I was a seamstress and I laughed. A real seamstress would have a heart attack if she saw my methods...
These bags used to be jeans and pillow cases. Pretty cute, don't you think? The rattier the better for me. This one is my favorite, I love that strip-ey fabric. I didn't get it like I wanted it at the top, because I was trying to save that ratty edge, so the lining is half a**ed up there. But I {heart} the button and the pockets on the front. Just right for my cell phone.


Here is another with a better lining job. I used the cut off hem from the jeans to make those ties to keep it closed, and the fabric is embroidered. Love it. The handles for these two are the waistbands from the pants. Buttons and all.


Bigger pic of same bag, you can see the lining through the holes in the bottom, and I thought I might be over the top shab, but it's actually cool.


Here are the two non shabby bags. The denim one has cute number fabric for a liner and pocket, and the other is a quilted bag that I started three years ago for a friend's new baby, and never finished. Should I still give it to her? The handles on both of these are handles that I cut off of old bags.


I am thinking that I need to head to the thrift store for jeans and fabric. And handles from bags. Speaking of thrift store, I passed up two light fixtures this week. I am kicking myself, and will go back to get them tomorrow, fingers crossed that they are still there.

5 comments:

Beth said...

tutorial?

Kara said...

I made school bags for the girls from old jeans and fabric and I am NO sewer!!! THEY LOVED THEM!!! I will have to show them to you some time! I hope you had a successful garage sale.

Carrie said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love them. Tutorial? Please?

Nicole A. said...

So cute, they look awesome! I need to learn to sew!

Roeshel said...

SO cute! Great job!