7.17.2009

bathroom, continued...

Today Doug played in a volleyball tournament for the Fire Department, a fund raiser if you will. He's not here right now, but I'll snap a pic of him posing with his first place trophy when he gets back and add it in to this post. Anyhow, I was trolling the internet trying to find some information about how to remove these HORRID towel bars that the builder of this house thought needed to be attached at silly heights and in multiple places in each of our bathrooms. I would love to remove the one in the kid's bath, since I have big plans to modify that space soon. I found some helpful information pertaining to removal of those unsightly things, and was just about to go upstairs and wrap the porcelain end in a towel and hammer it off of the wall when Doug called. Maybe it was serendipity. Since he was on the phone, I decided I should share what I was going to do, and he said that it would be a mistake, citing drywall damage and all. Couldn't' we just spackle it?, my question. No go, the bar stays.
I did share with him the idea for the beadboard and hooks, and I even had measurements and prices for material. I don't think he is totally on board, since he asked me if I had bought all that stuff yet. But he's a softie...
Can't wait to show pictures!!!

1 comment:

thecarsoncrew@blogspot.com said...

Oh no!! We are going to take off the porcelain towel bars in the kids bath as well this weekend!! We got hooks for them instead and was just planning on hammering them off. Guess we should look a little more into that! I'll let you know how we eventually get them off! Miss seeing you on FB. :)