::Avery's cast had gotten to the point that I was afraid that it was becoming more of a health hazard than a help. It was SUPER funky and stinky and it was broken near her palm, and really what purpose was it even serving anymore? She could flex her wrist in all directions. I called the Orthopedic doc this morning and we headed in for either 1. A new cast or 2. To get the cast off.
He cut off the old one, and checked her out, X rayed to see how she was healing, and decided she could skip the recast and just go for the brace. She was amazed at how light her arm felt, and glad that we could finally wash her hand. Her skin was peeling on her fingers from the funk. It's tender and she was given strict instructions to take it easy for three or four weeks still.
::Bathroom hooks are finally done, well they are 90% done. I painted the board, hung it on the wall, patched the screw holes and hung three of the hooks. I still have to wait for the spackle to dry and then sand it smooth, touch up the paint, and then hang the last hook {which is too close to wet spackle to hang right now}. I will post a pic when it's all done tomorrow! It looks so great.
The best part?? I did all of the work {except cutting the board and routing a nice edge on it} MYSELF!! I painted the board, found the studs, drilled counter sink holes, hung the board (making sure it was level), spackled the holes, marked out the hook placement, and then mounted the hooks. Tomorrow I'll finish with sanding, touch up paint and the last hook! I am Norm Abrams. You are jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment