8.24.2009

fall changes

Over the summer a few things became glaringly obvious to me. First, I am too busy. In my quest to do it all {stop snickering}, I was getting burnt out. I loved school, or possibly the idea of finishing school, but it was coming at a high price, and I don't mean cash. Maybe you don't agree with me, but there is something to be said about a well run house, and with me stressed out over full time classes, and grades, and tests, and , and, and....it just wasn't running well. It was barely crawling. So, with the summer waning I decided that school would have to wait, for now. Before you offer to hire a maid for me, let me just say that was not the only issue. The kids are getting busier too. Even with everyone only doing one extra activity {beides school} at a time {which is, and has been our rule} our schedule is n.u.t.s. If I could copy and paste my calendar here for you, I would.

Speaking of calendar, I use this really cool online family tool called Cozi. Check it out here.

Anyhow, the decision is to just wait. Maybe for a quarter, maybe for a year, maybe until Ethan goes to kindergarten. I do still feel like finishing my degree and teaching is the right thing for me to do, and one day it will happen. Now, though, it just doesn't make sense. And that is a hard thing for me to say. Because I want to be able to do it all. And do it all well.

And the other minor fall change is the blog. Very nice. Fall-y.
:o)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Hey Jen! I wanted to let you know that I couldn't agree more with you on the idea of a well ran home! Sometimes I feel that others don't see the importance of me being a wife and mom, but that is their problem....I am doing what I love and what I feel I was called to do. There is something to be said for all stay at home moms. I wish you the best in whatever you decide to do!

Beth said...

Amen!
God Bless Your Beautiful Family!