8.23.2009

new 'puter

We got a new desktop computer at a moving sale yesterday. It was a great deal, and much needed now that school is back in and we were all operating off of my laptop for the summer. I have an old entertainment cab that I bought at Meijer when we moved to cbus about eight years ago. I really love the look of it, but it's not really the best quality. It has been in nearly every room of this house, and landed in the front room this summer. It now will serve as the 'puter cab.

I probably talk too often about how clever I think I am, but this is a pretty good use of glass sauce/salsa jars, right?? And cute on this shelf in the "homework pad".

I hung the router in the upper part of the cab to save space and keep cords neat.

Hung this power outlet for the same reason.

This pic is pretty bright, and the monitor is finger print-y, but you get the idea. We are searching for one of those keyboard slide out things. Preferably a freebie. Got one?

The outside of the cab, all closed up and cute. Needs something hanging from the knobs. Suggestions?

2 comments:

Beth said...

tassels?

randee said...

got one for you. i've never liked having to pull out a tray to type but to each his own.

a tassel with an old fashioned typewriter hanging from it. the kids will ask "what's that, mom?" & you'll reply "i haven't a clue"