I always love when I select pictures to upload to a post, and then they appear in the most random order possible.

Okay, to start, these are some of the shelves that I rescued from the neighbor's trash a few months ago. I decided that they needed painted black yesterday. I had a great plan to paint and then hang them on the big wall going up the stairs. I could {and really still can} imagine cool frames of different sizes sitting on the shelves, leaning on the wall. They are each about six feet long. Doug no-no'd the location, saying the kids would be hitting into the shelves all of the time. Perhaps I neglected to think the entire plan through. Anyhow, they are now painted black and one is hanging in Owen's room with pirate ships and soccer trophies sitting on it. The other is at the top of the stairs, with nothing on it. Well, there is a clock and two small pictures, but they are not permanent. I just needed to put something up there. I have no pictures because I am lazy, and it's nine pm and I don't want to go take any. Maybe tomorrow.

This picture is bizarre, but needed to be included because today for lunch I made spaghetti and meatballs. I get Kraft Food and Family magazine that comes out like four times a year, or something. It had a recipe for meatballs in it, but these are not them. The recipe called for stove top, and I didn't have any. I used crackers and salt and pepper and ground turkey. So I guess I didn't use the recipe at all, did I? Anyhow, to my jar sauce I added chopped, fresh basil {from the neighbor} and cream cheese. It was awesome, and all the kids were like "Mom, you made meatballs? I love meatballs?" Who knew. Doug said that his plate {pictured above} looked like the quintessential plate of spaghetti, and so he took a picture. Here it is. Lunch. It's the first meal I have ever cooked that someone wanted to take a picture of.

Oh, hey, while I had the black paint out, I decided to paint the inside of all the exterior doors. This is the front door, with only one coat, and no paint on the side window-y thing yet. It's a work in progress. I did some more this evening, but again, no new pictures.

Here is the back door. See how it has that white line between the door and the trim? That's the old door color, and I thought that I didn't need to paint that part. This door is done, but Doug said I needed to paint that edge. Really it's the sides of the door. What do you think?

And here is my helper. He's feeling better today, by the way.
2 comments:
You'll be opening a can of worms if you paint that strip white...where do you stop painting? On the other side of the door?
Cream Chesse? Really? How much did you use?
Post a Comment