11.13.2009

Two completed projects

Just wanted to share two projects that I finished up yesterday. 

November 2009 002

Doug made this box for me.  We are trying to replicate something we have seen online for sale…and this was our first try.  It’s a bit heavy, and so we’ll have to use some thinner wood for the next attempt, but…..I love this!!!  There are no fasteners showing and it’s about the size of a shoe box.  Currently it’s on the coffee table holding library books.  I commissioned Doug to make me a shorter, longer version {think trough} for the kitchen table.  ps…pay no attention to my finger print-y paint job.  I am wildly impatient.

November 2009 003

Avery had a friend over to play last night, and so while the kids were mostly occupied, I made this.  I was hasty in my sanding of the words and sanded off too much the first time…so I had to redo them.  I also got rid of a little more cream paint than I wanted to, but overall…cute.  I made it with the intention of giving it to Avery’s friend’s mom {who just happens to be my friend} and she loved it!  Even in it’s imperfection.  I need to make one for myself today, because I love it too.  : )

~Jen

No comments: