Picked this up from the Goodwill today for $4.50. It’s a nine arm chandelier, and had eight light bulbs in it! I took two out and used them in small lamps that I had inside, and they worked. Shoot, for $4.50, it was worth it just for the light bulbs! I plan on painting it and using it in the playroom. The light that is in there now is just too small, and the room is always too dark. Since the sun is down around here at 5pm lately, some lighting is needed in there.
I think that this was, at one point, a coffee table, but now it’s topless. I am seeing some potential for it as a bench, certainly painted and maybe even a cushion. This is low priority, but it’s on the list! I made the kids get out and drag this baby out of someone’s trash.
Beth gave me this huge black frame to use for a project that I fear will never get done. I did put a coat of black semi gloss on it yesterday, so it’s ready if I ever get around to it.
I started making a list today of the things I want to make for gifts this year, and it is long. I may have over estimated my time and available cash, but I’ll do what I can. I love to make gifts, mostly because I think I can stretch my budget a bit. And I enjoy the opportunity to be creative! Stay tuned, I’ll keep you posted as things get done…slowly but surely.
No comments:
Post a Comment