For some reason, I went into all out Christmas mode yesterday. Maybe it was the realization that today is the last day of school and I had 1597 things to do. So off we went.
Ethan and I went to Bible study where I had a lovely time with my friends there.
Then we went to the store to get snack and cookie supplies.
We came home and did a bit of cleaning, and cooked some dinner.
After dinner the kids and I made some of those pretzel-hershey kiss-m&m things. We don't know what they are called, and none of us could come up with a good name. We are still thinking.
Then I baked some cookies from a recipe that belonged to my great grandma. They are called sugar and spice cookies. They have molasses and cinnamon and ginger in them, and as they were baking, I honestly remembered the smell. Each batch made 4 dozen, and I made two batches, as they were very easy. I sent all but about 8 cookies to work with Doug. They have that "eat me with coffee" taste, and so the firemen will hog down. I also sent the rest of the pretzel-hershey kiss-m&m things to the firehouse. I only needed about 80 for Erin's class, and I made about 200. I don't need that kind of temptation laying around here all day. They are bite size, which makes it worse. Kind of like the donut versus the donut hole idea. I would never eat three or four donuts in one sitting, but I know I would eat the equivalent amount of donut holes at one time. Bite size will kill me one day.
I whipped up some buckeyes earlier this week. I sent some to the neighbor, and we saved one dozen for each of the kid's teachers. I sent those in today along with a cute "Innkeeper's Key" idea that I had seen on a blog. My friend Lori gave me three cool skeleton keys from her stash, and I tied some fabric scraps and ribbon to them with a little note.
I decided against pictures of all this mayhem, in keeping with the Christmas theme that I have going this year. What's the theme, you ask? Well, it has many names.
Slow and Steady.
Relax and Enjoy.
Stress Free.
Less is More.
You get the idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment