12.18.2009

This will bless your heart.

Remember the post about the boy that wanted a million Christmas cards as his last Christmas wish? Well, my kids each made him a card, and we emailed their teachers to share the idea too. Owen’s class made their cards, and he brought them home to mail yesterday. Just a few minutes ago, I was looking through them, reading what the kids had written. I had to share them with you. You’ll laugh and cry.

December 2009 027

I hope you enjoy these cards. My name is Jen.

From,

Jen

December 2009 016 December 2009 017

These two above are the same card, the front and then the message inside. I love how they relate to Nate’s situation, and I know that this is meant to be a high compliment.

December 2009 018

Smell the light green what? Marker? Only a kid would include an instruction to sniff the card.

December 2009 019

A large amount of the kid’s cards were directed toward spiritual issues. It is interesting to see where each of them place the emphasis. On a light note, at least she didn’t say “but if your not, too bad for you.”

December 2009 020

Another student’s attempt to relate. Oh, what lessons we can learn from the tender heart of these kids!

December 2009 021

This is my most favorite. I’ll read it to you so you don’t miss it.

“If your not a Christian say what I sayed: Dear Lord I give all my sins to you to wash them away. I’m sorry for all I have done, I ask you to come into my heart.

Then you’ll be a Christian

And also believe in him that he gave his only son so that people can have a chance to Heaven.

Jesus loves You!!!”

I don’t know about you, but this blesses and breaks my heart at the same time.

December 2009 022

John 14:6

“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

December 2009 024

Can you see that baby Jesus is smiling?

2 comments:

Beth said...

Can we move into your basement so ours kids can go to a school like that.

Leigh Ann said...

Thanks for sharing this, it was a blessing to me.
Leigh Ann