2.28.2010

this little piggy

February 2010 010

Erin was on the couch reading while I was making dinner, and I happened to glimpse her feet. Size 9 feet. Owen was on the other end of the couch, his feet in the same position…but he moved his before I could get a shot of them both.

February 2010 003

Here is my first big Cricut project. I have seen this Shel Silverstein quote on some site that sold vinyl decals for your walls. It was $100. No thanks. I used my $85 machine and maybe $2 worth of contact paper…and lots and lots of measuring and level line drawing and peeling paper backing (which may have actually been worth the hundred bucks to just be able to rub on a perfectly spaced transfer version) and about two hours to just put it on the wall, not counting the time to cut it all out. Anyhoo…I do love it. It’s silly and whimsical and Owen keeps asking me what it means. The bottom picture is more accurate as far as my wall color, and I still have some pencil lines to erase. Like I said, no surface is safe. I am labeling everything that I can with white.

February 2010 004

3 comments:

Corrie said...

Great job! I love it. When will you start accepting orders? ;)

randee said...

please, please, please join kimba's party. this is soooooo awesome!

are you wishing you had tried the transfer paper? i have some if you want to try it.

i think you did an amazing job.

i'm so impressed.

i love the quote, too.

can you tell it like it?

Nic said...

Love, love, love that quote! I may just have to copy you on that somehow.