I am feeling a bit better today. I think. This morning when I woke up I was feeling pretty smug because I was nearly normal. Take that, head cold. Then my feet hit the floor and my eyes started watering like mad and I sneezed and my head filled back up with snot and the river of snot that has been cascading down the back of my throat kicked up the flow. So much for smugness.
Since I’ve been up, I have had short times of not-so-bad and teeny weeny times of oh-my-goodness-my-eyeballs-are-going-to-water-out-of-my-head. The in between time is just snotty and yucky and when-will-this-end.
To totally change the subject, a friend at church gave me a big stack of books last night. I was giddy…and stayed up until 12:30 reading. For real. I had to use napkins for my runny nose and watery eyes, and by the time I went to sleep my nostrils and eyelids were rubbed raw. Reading seemed to worsen the eye watering. But the books…oh the books. I’ll share later the choices, none of which I have read. Okay, today I did finish the one I started last night, but you’ll have to wait to get my opinion on the book. It was awesome. Fluff, but awesome.
obligatory picture:
tiny boy handwriting.
(he has been calling me “mother” all day today. what is going on with that?)
and yes, I know it isn’t good to teach kids their name with any capitals except at the beginning, but we are going for small victories here peeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment