The first thing I notice about these pictures is how very different the paint color looks in each one. The dark color on top is the same in all three pictures, but only the picture above is a good representation of the actual color. The other pictures below make it look very mauve. Trust me when I say it is NOT pink…at all.
Anyhow, I have jumped the gun and started painting in preparation for the board and batten that will go here. Everything is kind of in an in between state right now, so don’t mind the vinyl words (which are coming down, I just couldn’t reach them without a stool) or the crap laying everywhere. Priorities folks. I can’t clean up the dishes or anything else when I get a wild whim to paint spur of the moment like.
That black stripe and two big spackle schmutz places will be painted over with the darker wall color. I need some to do some touch ups various other places, so I am just going to get a gallon. We painted the whole first floor and the entry and the upstairs landing all this color about six years ago. Touch ups are very necessary at this point. The vertical board and batten pieces (are they the boards or the battens or neither?) will be four feet up with a six inch horizontal piece on top. No real plan yet as to what to do where the vertical pieces will meet the baseboards. Since we don’t have white trim, I am going with an ivory. It should work a little better with the stain color of our trim.
I am most excited about how this will change the stairway (see top pic). I decided to do a step up rather than a slope up, and I am glad I did. Heck, just the paint makes a huge difference.
:o)
No comments:
Post a Comment