I borrowed that from the P31 devotional that was delivered to my inbox today. Oh, how God is faithful to me, in the end and in the now. Read it here.
I am a wreck of emotion today. The only thing that distinguishes this Tuesday from any other is that this day is the last day of school for my kids. Even though I feel (mostly) confident about our decision to home school next year I can’t stop myself from mourning this loss. Loss of what? I can’t really say. It’s all of the touchable and the not-concrete things. The belonging, the friends, the teachers, the things that are a part of the experience of school that make it just what it is. The stuff that I complained like a beast about all year long. The cussing AR reading program, the spirit week dressing up, the nickel and dime-ing.
Part of it is also the release of the hope that came with the job offer. It’s not happening and I am really okay with that. As okay as I can be, I suppose. But today I am again hauling those “whys” and “what the hecks” up from the muck and laying them out. Maybe even holding them a bit…although I am trying very hard not to. I can admit that.
I am headed over to the school for Erin’s awards ceremony this afternoon. It’s where they pass out all sorts of academic awards and superlatives and such. They also do a sixth grade “clap out” to to acknowledge the transition of the kids from elementary into middle school. I have simply resigned myself to the fact that I will cry the entire time. For all the hard work Erin has done this year and for everything that I have talked about here, and um, hello, for the fact that she will be in seventh grade!!!!
Read the P31 link. It applies to so many situations. I am so thankful that as I (literally) cried my prayers this morning after leaving the school, God was ahead of me planting His word and hope and peace directly in my email.
No comments:
Post a Comment