We did not get the storm of the century that I was expecting last night, but I did stay up until after 1am waiting. I may have passed that time watching Design Star on my computer. May have.
Ethan and the girls and I went to the library today. I was checking my online account before we left and noticed an $11.99 charge. The library and I have had a bit of a battle over a particular book that they said we had checked out and not returned. I asked the kids and we scoured the house…nothing. It was a reading guide to one of the Magic Tree House books. Not one of my kids has ever been into those books, so why on earth would we check out a reading guide? They listed the book as “claims returned” on my account, which I TOTALLY disagreed with. I did not claim I returned it, I claimed I had NOT checked it out. Anyhow, today I was prepared to argue and refuse to pay the $11.99 charge that they had hit me with. I told the girls that I didn’t know if we were going to be able to bring any books home because of a charge on my account (and then gave them the short reminder about the Magic Tree House book, etc.) And then lo and behold Avery says, “Oh, I know where that book is. It’s in the basement.”
*sigh*
So I went to the library with my head hung low and told them we had found the book. And returned it.
And then we talked about how we are going to have a mutually agreed upon location for library books in the house. I would love to avoid looking like a jerk in the future.
There was a little blip in the local news last week about a naked man who was in our local library bathroom. Precisely why I do NOT let my ten year old son go into the men’s restroom alone. It’s the girl potty or not at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment