Today is Ethan’s 4th birthday. He woke up to a garbage bag of gifts (I had no gift wrap and no gift bags). After opening his bag of stuff he proceeded to melt down. Several times this morning he had issues. He managed three time outs in about an hour. Maybe he didn’t want to be 4, who knows?
We tried the pool, but it is cloudy here and so the kids only lasted about 30 minutes. We came home, changed and headed to Toys R Us to spend some birthday money. Ethan had $50 to spend and only wanted one mechanical pinching claw thing that cost $5.99. Since we have been home he has been pinching Avery with it. He thinks he should be allowed to do this.
Now it is raining here and I think I just heard the kids all go out the front door.
I believe the battery on my laptop is wasted. It doesn’t hold a charge. Is that typical? I have only had this blasted thing 18 months, should it already be broken? We just replaced the power cord because it wasn’t working and I had hoped that the battery wasn’t getting charged and that was why it was pooping out so quickly. But nope. The new cord came UPS today and after a nice long charge the battery lasted 5 minutes.
Yep, the kids are out in the rain. Avery just ran through the back yard.
I guess at the school board meeting last night they must have been talking about new employees. Someone called me today to congratulate me on the new job. I am really getting excited…but nervous also. It has been a very long time since I have had a job. I am thinking a lot about my shoes. I wear Chuck Taylors or flip flops. I probably can’t wear either of those to work.
Vacation countdown is feeling like a standstill. If I can just make it through today, it should go quicker. Today is Doug’s last day of work. I hate to start cleaning the house and packing when we still have the rest of the week to wait. But I don’t have anything else to do…so I am doing nothing.
Doug and I had a good time yesterday during our kids free day. I read some and he went for his coffee and read some too. Then we headed to Target to get Ethan something for his birthday, grabbed a quick lunch at a good place here locally, decided too late that we wanted to see a movie, FINALLY found a swim top for me that I am happy with (and it was on super clearance), found Doug’s running shoes that he always gets for half off, and had dinner with Allan and Jessica.
It always seems to be hard with re-entry after one or more (or all) of the kids are away. I hate that I enjoyed being here at home yesterday without the kids. I think it maybe the build up to vacation and camp and we are all just kind of waiting for things to start being fun. This week is shaping up to be a doozy.
Hopefully Emily the cancer nurse calls me today about Jack. If we have to board him while we are gone, we will, but if I can avoid that cost, that would be great too. Emily lives next to a dog park. He will love her. Please call Emily. Today.
No comments:
Post a Comment