Our campers return home today, and Ethan and I are so excited! We ran some errands this morning, including fingerprinting and the grocery store. When I told Ethan we were going to the police department so that they could make copies of my fingers he wanted to know if I had to go to jail while we were there.
At the store I told him that if he could stay right with me and be a good listener, that he didn’t have to ride in the cart and he could have a treat in the car when we were done. He did okay in the store and so I let him choose from a big bag of candy that he managed to secure at Gramma and Grandpa’s yesterday under the guise that he was “taking some extra pieces for his family”. Yea right. He choose a little hershey bar for his treat and then said he needed the bag to see something. A minute later I looked back to see his face literally covered in chocolate. I didn’t even hear the wrapper on the reece cup he managed to sneak into his mouth. Runt.
I am making my very first pie. My mom showed me how easy it was to make a blueberry pie last week, and so I thought I would try it. I texted Doug to tell him that I was making him a pie and he texted back to say “cool” and that he “loves pie almost as much as he loves me”. Two things::
1. He must really love me, because he reeeeeaaalllly loves pie. Fruit pies specifically.
2. He has been gone this whole week…hmmmmm…
I’ll take the compliment though. I miss him too. :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment