8.25.2010

tuesday.

I just realized that I never posted a picture of the kids in their uniforms.  This is due mostly to the fact that I never took a photo of the kids in their uniforms.

I played school nurse today while the nurse was out at lunch.  I band-aided a scrape. 

I have been introduced to What I Wore Wednesday at the Pleated Poppy by my good friend Lori.  Because of this, I am now trying hard to put together the clothes I have in new and cute ways.  Today I wore a tan linen skirt {A line, a little below the knee which is probably a no-no for shorties like me}, brown tee and grey cardi, and my brown and cream sparkly zebra flats.  I should have taken a picture.  I was pretty comfy and yet managed to be this weird mix of freezing/sweaty all day.  Literally my arms and legs were freezing and my pits were a hot mess.  What is going on with that?

******************

I really enjoy the school nurse we have at GCA.  She is funny and clever and witty.  Today as I was headed to her office, I passed the principal’s office.  He had a mom and dad in there and I swear I heard him say “you can (or can’t, I don’t remember) get a ticket for riding your donkey on Sunday.”  The nurse and I got a huge laugh out of that when I told her and she came later and asked me again what he had said.  We decided that it was either:

1.  The punch line to a joke that should NEVER be told again, or

2.  Some super old fashioned slang phrase that neither one of us know the meaning of.

*******************

I am enjoying my job and learning more each day.  I only hung up on one person today, which is a huge improvement over yesterday when I managed to transfer several people to no man’s land, only a few of which managed to call back for more punishment.

No comments: