So remember the post last week where I told you about the little blurb I wrote up for the school newsletter? Remember how I told you that my instructions specifically were to write something “short and funny”? Well, turns out I was the only one given those instructions because I got a sneak peek at the newsletter on Friday. Out of four new employees, I was the shortest “introduction” and the only one who tried to be funny and the only one who didn’t include a full life history…and the only one who will now look like a complete and total fool. While the other employees talked about their families and master’s degrees, yours truly was lamenting the fact that I will never achieve fame as the next Miley Cyrus.
Doug says that I shouldn’t worry too much about it because he is sure that whatever I wrote is perfectly representative of me. {And he also said, “oh my gosh Jen, no you didn’t” when he found out about the rock star comment.} He is right, it is very much me, and for all of the families that know me personally, it won’t be an issue. But for all of the many many families that don’t know me…well, let’s just say that I hope they take the time to meet me. And see that I am not a total moron.
The only-and I mean only-redeeming factor in this whole stinking mess is that the picture of me is at least decent. And also gives everyone a face to go along with the Rock Star Receptionist profile.
Autographs anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment