10.09.2010

slippery time

I find that lately I have no time.  Before I was working I felt busy, and I mostly managed to fill up my days with running around, projects, house junk, etc.  And now I still run around, help with the house junk (although Doug has taken on a considerable amount of the chores when he is home), and cram in the etc.  And it turns out ok most of the time.

But, and this is a BIG BUT, I have several unfinished projects around the house that need completed.  And I could continue to ignore them, like I have been for months, but next weekend is Owen’s birthday party.  That means people in my house.  I talked to my friend Lori and she told me no one cares, and that we will be outside anyhow.  But (and I know she will understand this) I’ll know.  And it needs to be done.

FYI-Anyone who was considering asking me what I might like for my birthday or Christmas, please consider a Home Depot gift card.  I have a cool shade of green that I want to paint the dining room and I am hatching an evil plan to paint my kitchen cabinets next summer…so those gift cards will go a long way.  Thanks!

So, this week, amid the soccer tournament games and party preparations, I have committed to getting my painting done.  The board and batten and the stairs will finally be finished.  It would not be inappropriate to insert the Hallelujah chorus here.

Wish me luck!

No comments: