Yesterday evening the school had their big kickoff for the basketball season. It was a big nighttime pep rally. They had this really fun guy as the Master of Ceremonies and he was always asking for volunteers and stuff. He did some cool magic tricks. At one point he said he needed some teachers out on the floor and people starting shouting names. Someone said “Mrs. Adkins” and so he said “where’s Mrs. Adkins?” Out I went. I wanted to clarify that I wasn’t a teacher, but didn’t get the chance, and I figured we would get to do something fun anyhow, so I stayed. When he finally had all the people he wanted he told us to prepare for our solos and get out our air guitars. For real. We had to “air” guitar in front of everyone to ACDC. I took half a second to realize this could go one of two ways, and decided to go for it and played like Slash. I herkie-d, laid on my back and played, head banged, and in the end fake smashed my guitar on the gym floor. I forgot to end with the rock star hand sign, but other than that I went all out. Turns out that isn’t the kind of thing people forget easily. Since last night I have had like 4000 comments about my guitar playing, am I giving lessons?, etc. I am pretty sure the whole thing was video taped, and will show up eventually. You’ll remember that this is the second time I have made an ass of myself with my "Rock Star” stunts.
When will I learn?
1 comment:
i love you.
you rock!
Post a Comment