What have we been doing?
1. Owen has started the tedious process of orthodontics. I took him yesterday for a mold and I had a panic attack when they jammed that thing in his mouth and he couldn’t breathe because he was gagging. All this for good teeth. Those babies better be perfect when this is over.
2. We are having someone over tomorrow and so I have been cleaning this afternoon like my life depends on it. Bathrooms even. I feel so good when my house is clean…why don’t I do it more often?
3. Doug took the final test yesterday for the Lieutenant's exam. He will know where he is on the list my late May. It’s been a long process, and he (and me) are just glad it’s over.
4. I sewed a skirt for myself! It’s a cute red and white polka-dotty fabric. When I put it in my closet though, it looked very out of place with all of my other brown, navy blue, black, grey and more grey clothes. I was beginning to doubt myself. But then today I wore it to school (with a navy tee and a grey cardigan…hey you can’t teach an old dog too many new tricks all at once!) and I really liked it. It’s red. And red is my favorite. I may wear it again on Friday. I like it that much. Maybe a picture later if I can scrounge up the time and energy.
5. Ethan is getting big. Just recently he seems so big. And Erin grew another quarter of an inch. She has me beat by a good two inches now. Owen is catching up to Avery in weight – just because he is getting taller, not because he is actually putting any meat on his skinny buns.
6. I am counting down the days until school is out. 44. Yahoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment