5.21.2011

because you can learn anything from the internet

May 2011 003 May 2011 001 May 2011 002

We have determined that all 8 of the chicks we have are girls.  I googled “how to sex a chick” which, coincidentally, I don’t recommend allowing your children to do, and found a Discovery Channel video on YouTube –along with several unsavory videos that contain the same key words…yikes!  The video said that each chick has two rows of feathers.  If one row is shorter than the other, girl.  If both rows are the same, boy.  So we did our best and looked and we saw that all of the chicks have one short row and one long row.  Is this a statistical impossibility?  I don’t know about the three chicks that are still in the incubator, but is it likely that at least 8 out of 11 chicks are girls?!?  I hope so.  We are keeping 4 of them.

No comments: