2.04.2009

Picture updates, front of the house.

This genius idea is from the Stanifers. What a great way to keep six family member's hats/gloves/scarves neat and organized!

I added these pictures to the frig after finding about half of them in the junk drawer. Also, I feel terribly guilty throwing photo Christmas cards away (if you threw mine away, you should feel bad too. I didn't get to save one, so if you are done with it, I'd love to have one back) Look close, and you'll see some older pictures of the kids, my favorite picture of my brother, and your Christmas card picture, if you sent me one. It's a nice thing to look at, and I try to say a prayer for whoever catches me eye when I look at it. (Also inspired by the Stanifers frig)

This is a cute hook rack and sign in Ethan's room. I had the rack from Owen's room long ago, and I picked up the sign at JoAnn for just a few bucks on clearance. I need a 17 inch drop bedskirt for his bed, so if you have one you want to part with, or you see one out, let me know.


A shot of the stairway, which I may have posted already. More frames to be added, hopefully as cash permits. Also I'd love some wall letters for here. Someday.




Shot from the top of the stairs. Cool new clock hanging in the hall (Erin's idea for placement), and big letter "A" over the door. I'm thinking that a collection of "A"'s woulf be good to fill up this wall space over the door. This hideously dusty wall space. Do you have a ladder that would reach this? If so, I'd love to have a date with it. Also, I have hot plans for this ugly light fixture, should I ever find a way to take it down to paint.

So, there you go. New ideas are welcome. If it were your house, what would you do? What color would you paint the inside of the front door? (currently white-gag)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen that actual Paint Color Card in Sherwin-William's,White Gag...hmm...I will have to look it up next time I am there to get a better sense of the color the doors are now. Anyway...

I think it was Aunt Gladys that told me to paint my doors the same color of my walls. The exception being because my garage and front door are so close together, to paint the entrance door the same color that it is on the outside so people will not accidentally open the wrong door when leaving. (Thereby saving me the embarrassment of seeing the condition of my garage) But, I don't listen well and of course, my doors are the same color as my walls!

I will say though, I love how you decorate your house, whenever you step in, it just feels like "home".