For the most part at least. Owen is feeling much better, and I am "nose in the books" for two weeks. I have mass amounts of work to get done, and tests and finals to study for. Including the much talked about third speech. It must be completed and taped no later than Saturday. No matter what.
Doug is home this week until Thursday, so I intend on taking full advanage of his presence, and getting things done.
We didn't get up to have Kara take our pictures because we (all of us girls) are currently un-photographable, if that's a word. Unless you love pictures of cold sores. We are hoping for next week.
Moved the furniture in the living room today. It left a big empty space that I have a small writing desk to fill with, but it needs painted. Maybe Doug will do that for me this week. A sort of "happy end of the quarter" gift.
I just came down from the girls room where I received the full treatment. I was working on some homework and Erin came down and said when I was finished I needed to come up to their room. Upon arrival, I found the room decked out with frilly decorations, and a sign that said, "Glitter Girls, where a girl can be a girl"! (Owen thought this remark was ridiculous, and said so. because according to him, "duh, a girl can be a girl anywhere.") I was welcomed by Avery who was seated at the front desk. I had to sign and choose a makeover style. I picked girly-girl. Then Erin did my make up and blue sparkle hair mascara. Avery then directed me to lay face down so she could give me a massage. Any apprehensive feelings I had about this whole gig were quickly replaced with drooling and a near comatose state. Avery lotioned and massaged my feet, and Erin did my hands and a "karate chop" on my back. Honestly, it was really nice and relaxing. Only afterward did they inform me that these services were not free of charge. I had to put my money in the box, although there was no set price, I could pay what I thought it was worth. I found two bucks, and they were thrilled. Owen, on the other hand, was totally ticked about being suckered into participating in something that he only later found out he had to pay for. He downright refused. I am sure they will all end up in small claims court this evening.
1 comment:
and how, pray tell, was your makeup & "blue sparkle" hair mascara after your drooling massage?
i'm cracking up at the thought &, at the same time, envious!
Post a Comment