We {read me} have been considering getting a dog. I have spent many a precious homework hour toiling away on my computer searching craigslist.com and petfinder.com looking for that perfect pup that is out there just waiting for us to rescue it and give it a loving home *sniff* However, I am beginning to think that it is possible that a pup is not in the picture for us right now. I am coming upon roadblock after roadblock. Too expensive, no relpy to my email inquiries, not what I want, not what Doug wants, not what the kids want, too yappy, too hairy, too big, too old, too ugly...you get the picture. Example, someone yesterday posted their 8 week old Yorkie on craigslist saying that they were just too busy to give her the attention she needed, and they wanted to find her a "forever home" that day. I'm thinking JACKPOT. They wanted a "rehoming" fee, but I figured that was reasonable since they were including all of her little things (bed, food, collar, leash) and she had her shots. So what was the price, you ask. SIX.HUNDRED.DOLLARS. Somehow the little sob story about not being able to care for her the way she deserved turned into something totally different. The ad should have read
"We made a impulse decision and bought this dog that we no longer want after two weeks. So, now we'd like to rip you off to recover our cash. Plus, our cell bill is due, and we need to pay it."
Okay, that last part wasn't fair...but come on $600????
Then I found another ad for an 8 week old Jack Russell. {I'm noticing a trend with the 8 week old puppies, is that when they stop being cute, and start being a hassle?} This ad said they had the pup and needed to get rid of it because their 4 year old kept "throwing" him. Sharky is his name and he comes with all of his "stuff" too. I was really excited now, since these folks have kids they know what a normal amount of money is for a dog. Nope, they wanted a lot too. So, long story brought to a close, no pup for this family. Not yet anyhow. All this after I spent the day imagining how excited the girls would be to see the baby yorkie, and how excited the boys would be after seeing the baby JRT. Downer. Back to math.
PS~ I am done reporting on the Mama Monster...he must have known I was bragging on my parenting skills, because it was back to normal last night with the shouting and crying and angish. Ethan was up too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment