5.15.2009

And then there was that time...


The promised pictures of Erin in her cute outfit. Black and white polka dotty dress, cute white sweater, patent yellow peep toe slides, and cute enamel yellow flower headband. All for only $20!!

I was just catching up on my fav blogs, reading what I have missed in the past 24 hours. I found a random quote from a blog on another blog. It may have been someone's blog name or post title. Anyhow, I loved it. It sums up how I've been feeling lately. It was::

We're not old, we're us.

Maybe you don't think it's profound, and I don't really know that I do either. But I do appreciate the simpleness of it. Because guess what, I'm not old. I am just me. I may be falling apart at the seams, but I'm still me.

Now, on to today. Last night I came home from Erin's concert with a rocking headache. Two tylenol didn't touch it, and I didn't know if I could heap alleve on top of tylenol, so I headed to bed at 9pm. I woke up feeling better {no headache} but not rested at all. That meant a mean mom this morning. I yelled and threatened. And then everyone left and I felt bad. Bad mom. It's a beautiful day, and because I am breathing, I should be thankful. And I am, but sometimes I just forget.

I took the dogs to the vet today. The people going in ahead of me let their dog poop on the sidewalk, and didn't clean it up. Nice. They each got two shots {my dogs, not the poop people} and Russ yelped like the vet was chewing off his leg. He then proceded to scratch the crap out of my chest {Russ, not the vet}. I nearly lost a mole. I had forgotten deoderant, and so I was bleeding, and sweating and stinking. Nice.

My poor, soon to be 18 year old, basketball playing, going into her senior year of high school sister has torn her ACL. Torn it clean through. My heart breaks for her. Speedy recovery wishes for her please.

Next week I will be heading to 5th/6th grade camp with Erin and her class. The idea of spending 72 hours with a bunch of 11-13 year olds is a bit frightening. I am holding on to the fact that 1) my good friend Julie is going too, and hopefully we will be in the same cabin. 2) I don't have to impress anyone. 3) No one is going to run my bra up the flagpole. If they did, no one would notice anyhow.

Ethan was trying to be nice and read the dogs a book today. They scratched him with their freshly clipped toe nails. He cried and cried, but not because of the scratch as much as the fact that they were not listening to his book.

No comments: