I asked Avery yesterday what she wanted to be when she grew up. Her answer, "I don't know." Owen was standing right there, and of course, he had several answers of his own for me...
1. A Professional Soccer Player
2. A Magician
3. An Artist
4. A Firefighter
5. A Carpenter
When I told Doug that Owen wanted to be a soccer player {which is ironic since he didn't even want to play spring soccer} AND a magician, Doug suggested that maybe he could be a pro player whose nickname was "the magician". Here's hoping. David Copperfield drives me crazy. Also, I asked Owen why he had so many options for jobs, and he said he needed lots of choices, just in case something happened. {????}
This discussion prompted all the kids to make lists of possible professions.
Erin's list was short.
1. Fashion Designer
2. Paramedic
And Avery's list eventually included...
1. Dentist
2. Artist
3. Teacher
and then she giggled and added,
4. Pooper Scooper
Let's just say that we'll encourage them in whatever they decide to do, but I'll be leaning heavily toward the Dentist, Teacher, Firefighter side. Unless Erin gets on to Project Runway, then I'm all for Fashion Designer.
1 comment:
has avery been getting the short end of the stick with poop duty? if so, she must be getting really good at it to think that she could make a living doing it.
Post a Comment