7.30.2009

Life in the Fast Lane

I am exhausted. I am not sleeping well at night. I don't know why, but suddenly my bed is wrecking.my.back. When did I get old? Ethan, however, slept like an angel the past two nights, all night in his own bed. Brilliant. This is a great time for me to begin waking up at night and wondering if my back pain is a heart attack. (I wasn't sweaty or clamy, and no crushing chest pain, so I took my chances and went back to sleep.) A few years ago, Doug started having some unexplained aches and pains, and he started exercising. Now he feels really good. I should start doing that also. Along with my youthfulness, I seem to also lost my resolve though. It is possible that I am just
1. PMS-y (am I the only thirty something that is looking forward to menopause?)
2. TIRED
3. Overextended
4. Too Worried about all of the Twinges (I have been to the doctor more in the past two months than I have been in the past ten years-pregnancies don't count-convinced that I had things like lymphoma and breast cancer and heart disease...or possibly just the crazies.)
5. In need of a new mattress and box springs (ours is twelve and a half years old)

Sorry to whine. Today is gray, and I should be doing laundry and packing the kid's stuff for camp next week. And exercising.

::edited to add~I forgot to mention that I got a speeding ticket in the mail today. Heath recently added some speeding/red light cameras, and to be honest I secretly expected to get one because I was driving by and the flash came on. I suspected it was me. It's a four lane highway, but about 100 yards before the camera it changes from 55 to 35. I was going 46. Let it just suffice to say that I was in fact slowing down, and it seems unfair. But I have been saying that I think the cameras are a good idea, and they are bringing a ton of revenue into the city. (In the paper the other day, there was a story about the cameras, and one lady received EIGHT tickets in the mail in two days.) They even put the pictures of your car on the ticket so you can see that it was, in fact, you. (She was upset, as the tickets are for $100 each, no matter what your speed.) I have decided to forgo a new cell phone and texting on our plan for now as a bit of self-punishment. *sigh*

No comments: