7.27.2009

poor jack and russ...

Well, we {read, Doug} got the invisible fence installed yesterday and finished it up today. I came home from Math Camp {no laughing} and put up the flags, collared the beasts, and took them out. I didn't really know the proper techinque for teaching them, except for the "give it five minutes every day for two weeks" idea on the installation video, and I am not doing that. They are smart dogs, they'll figure it out quicker than that. We walked inside the flags around the house several times, and they each ventured out and got zapped a couple of times. Russ already stays close to the house, and Jack seems to be making the connection to the flags and zapping. We'll see how it goes. I think it will be a great thing for them, and the vet said he is a huge fan of Invisible Fences.
I am a huge fan of the dogs staying in our yard and not wandering into the neighbor's yard to poop.

I went to the uniform resale today, and got two hoodies for $8 together that normally sell for $20 each new. I also got Erin two skirts for $10 each, they are $36 new. OUCH! I had anticipated a bigger haul, but there was a miscomunication and the sale started at 2pm, instead of the emailed time of 3pm. I was told there were people lined up at the door. Dang. Next year I am all over that...

No comments: