8.03.2009

Six minus four...

I succeeded in getting everything packed before the deadline this morning, and surprisingly, without throttling any of the kids. They were soooo excited to go to camp that they were extra obnoxious. Giddy and slap happy. I am feeling a little empty nest-ish, and I am obsessing over their safety. Please God, let them come home safe.
Doug sent me a text that said he felt bad unpacking, and that I had found my calling. Packing bags is, evidently, a talent of mine. : ) It's good to hear from them. I hope he calls sometime soon this evening.
Ethan and I had lunch with Rich and Griff today, and then went to the park. It was fun, and relaxing and I really enjoyed it! Ethan and Griff played so nicely together, and I loved watching them pretend. They had a store and served me and Rich several slushes, both red and blue, that cost anywhere from ten dollars to free! Griff told me that Target has REAL slushes and he likes the blue ones. So cute. : )
No nap for Ethan means that he is headed to bed pronto. That leaves me several hours to fret over the kids, and read. Day one almost over...
Pictures tomorrow, of both the bathroom and kids...I promise!

1 comment:

Beth said...

kids in bed...check
computer up and running...check
savoring all the bloggy goodness...priceless

looking forward to the bathroom reveal