9.26.2009

avery's birthday::

Avery's birthday is coming up. She was born on the day after Halloween, and while I don't dive too deep into the halloween soup, I do love the colors of halloween and the decorations and the costumes. Oh, the costumes. Usually I start obsessing in early September over what kind of cute costumes I can make the kids. Anyhoo, this year Avery has agreed to a costume birthday party. Fun! The unspoken rule at the school is that you invite the whole class, and based on the past few parties the kids have been to, the whole class usually shows up {something I was hoping would not happen}. I am still banking on a smaller crowd since she is new to the school, but we could have a full house.
Avery is in full party planning mode, which I love, and we have scoured magazines for good ideas and fun crafty projects. I had another inspiration today at craft morning, when Beth brought these cute fabric bookmarks for everyone. Our original plan was to make enough caramel apples for everyone to take one home for their party favor, but we have revised that to be bookmarks instead. It's a better idea, and we can use some super cute halloween fabric and ribbon. If I wasn't lazy I'd take a picture of the bookmark and include it here...but I am lazy.

No comments: