1.04.2010

Chalkboard Post

December 2009 009

December 2009 007

 December 2009 008

These are the three chalk board areas that we have in our house.  The top picture is in the playroom/den/useless space/Doug’s room.  That whole wall {two coats} took just under one quart of chalkboard paint.

The next two pictures are in the kitchen.  The tall wall near the phone has a border painted around it, and the kid’s slapped their handprints up there.  I ordered the words from a vinyl company.  I could never paint them so neatly.  We do use this one quite a bit as it is right near the phone…however my chalk is always disappearing…

The chalk wall under the counter top happened because the paint was jacked up from kids running their toys into it and hands all over it.  I painted the cream color on the wall and those brackety things and then it looked BORING.  So out came the chalk paint.  I also hung a little bucket on a hook for chalk and erasers…not that we can ever keep any chalk in the bucket.

Both areas in the kitchen took way less than a quart of paint together, but I did brush it on, and that tends to use less paint than rolling.\

Hope that helps!!

1 comment:

Hope said...

Love it! Thanks for the post - also love how your phone is right there in the middle...Thinking about painting my backsplash with chalboard paint...I've already done closet doors in G's room. I love the conveinience and function of it!!!!!!!!!!! YOu rocK!!!